Preparing for Home Selling by Owner
Homeowners who choose to sell their house without a listing agent maintain control of every aspect of selling their house. Having the right knowledge to For Sale by Owner, you will have the right buyers wanting to purchase from you!
1. Bypass paying the agents commission fees: The most common reason to FSBO is to avoid paying commissions, saving you THOUSANDS of dollars. Commissions average between 5% to 6% of the home’s purchase price and are usually paid by the seller from the proceeds of the sale and split between the two agents.
2. You have complete control of the listing (selling) price: Without an agent, you are the sole decision maker when it comes to your list price. Research the homes right in your neighborhood that have SOLD within the last 3 months, to see how your property stacks up against other similar homes nearby. For $300-$500, you can hire a licensed property appraiser to give you a real market value.
3. You manage the schedule of showings and open houses: Leaving your house for last-minute showings and all-day weekend open houses is a lot of work—not to mention having to keep your home pristine around the clock. When you are running the show, you get to decide when you want to show your home. Be flexible. Remember, you want to accommodate buyer’s time, so they don’t find another home to purchase. But YES! You should turn on all the lights on, open all blinds, and then please LEAVE! Don’t forget to take the pets with you!
4. Motivation to sell for top dollar: Because it’s your finances on the line, you’ll invest the time and energy to market and advertise your home in the best light. FSBO sellers can advertise online (where 79% of buyers say they search) such as Facebook. There are also some online services that can get your home listed on the MLS, usually for a flat fee under $1,000. Don’t forget about professional photos, signage, and print ads.
5. You are your neighborhood expert: You can speak to potential buyers about not just the home itself, but what it’s like to live in the neighborhood. Leave a print-out for buyers to take, sharing all the perks of your community. After all, you know your neighborhood best. Sharing that knowledge can be a huge selling point with buyers, especially if there is a Homeowners Association involved.
Be aware: When listing FSBO, it can be challenging to set aside your emotional attachment to your home and focus on the process of selling. When dealing with real estate sold by owners, acceptance of feedback from potential buyers is incredibly important. To help move your negotiations forward in a productive manner, be sure you know what your bottom-line price is and what concessions, (crediting money to the buyer for repairs or closing costs), if any, you’re open to making. This can help make negotiations more logical and less emotional.
Relax into the process and keep reminding yourself that it’s temporary. Soon, you will find a buyer and can look forward to moving on to the next phase in your life.
Confused about your home’s value? READ MORE
By following these 5 simple steps, you will be well on your way to selling For Sale by Owner. You will be TOP on the buyer’s list as they are looking for their new home!
At South Florida Realty Professionals, our interests are aligned with yours, so we can be objective about assessing your situation and achieving your real estate goals.
Do you have questions about the For Sale by Owner home selling journey?
💡Did you know? You can save up to $20,000 and MORE, when selling your home?
I know it sounds crazy because we are so used to hearing about real estate agents making 6% commission fee from the sale of every home, and while that is important, I’m going to share secrets with you today that are going to revolutionize the way you can sell your home, saving you 💰 thousands 💰 with or without hiring a realtor!
HI, I’m Linda Marotto, owner of South Florida Realty Professionals and creator of Homeowner Tips Blog. Thanks to your support, I’ve been able to help hundreds of frustrated, struggling homeowners, just like you, sell their home with my PROVEN tips and strategies, saving them thousands of dollars in the process!
You have helped make my interactive workbook the fasted and BEST way to ensure GREAT SUCESS to homeowners all across the country!
” I personally guarantee you will save money of the sale of your home with this proven system! Or your money back!” ~ Linda Marotto
Over the last 12 years, I’ve been able to provide homeowners, just like you, with confidence, knowledge, skills, tips and strategies, along with low or no cost, easy, effective ways to improve your home to get ‘sale ready’.
Whether you own multiple properties, vacant property, rental income property, or simply looking to sell your family home, this proven system is for you! Even if this is your first time selling a home, or you’ve sold homes in the past, the home-selling process can be complicated. But, it doesn’t have to be!
That’s why I created this workbook! My valuable, informative, and interactive workbook is used as a guide to help you every step of the way through the home-selling process to save you thousands of dollars when selling your home. This workbook is packed FULL of answers to your questions, regarding the sale for your home.
Whether you decide to hire a real estate agent or not, once you learn these fast, easy and proven steps, you will have the confidence to apply these tips & checklists that are already prepared for you, giving you the ‘secrets’ that realtor’s use to sell homes! Now, you too will be able to sell your home, while saving TENS of THOUSANDS of DOLLARS!! 💰
To your success!